Monday 21 June 2010

Work in Progress - The Blanket of Doom #1

My brother and his girlfriend are moving to Cornwall in August. I found this pattern for a blanket in a Debbie Bliss magazine - her Nautical Throw. It looks lovely, and also a bit like a cricket jumper (with the cable pattern and the stripes) so I thought it would be a perfect housewarming present for them. There is a bit more information about it on ravelry www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/nautical-throw

This is it as I was casting on at the beginning of May (it's a lot of yarn, I know) -


This is it, about 6 weeks later.... I don't think it's going to be ready for August.


It turns out I am not very fast at knitting. I can only do about 3 or 4 rows a night before my hands start to seize up - but it is already looking like it will be lovely and cosy when it's done. Maybe I should aim for a Christmas present, instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment